Herbalife Sponsors BlogHer 2016, the Biggest Social Media Conference for Women
By Jennifer Butler, Vice President, Media Relations, Herbalife
August 11, 2016
When we become aware of people, companies, civic organizations and groups that align with our values and goals, we try to look for ways to work together. That’s why we were proud to be a sponsor of BlogHer 2016, the biggest gathering for women opinion leaders in social media, many of whom share our interest in nutrition, fitness and wellbeing. As a proponent of balanced nutrition and healthy, active lifestyles, we were excited to engage content creators who use the Internet to educate, motivate and inspire their audiences.
The two-day conference brought together 4,000 of the most influential women in social media for presentations, workshops and networking. By engaging these influencers in various ways and at different times during the conference, we shared our message of balanced nutrition and living a healthy, active lifestyle. In the process, we hoped to create new advocates for our brand.
BlogHer took place right here at L.A. Live and we had a lot of exciting activities going on around the event:
- There was steady traffic to our booth in the Expo Hall and hundreds of one-on-one conversations took place. During the conference, we shared more than 3,000 samples of Formula 1 Healthy Meal Nutritional Shakes and protein bars. Susan Bowerman, director, nutrition training and Samantha Clayton, senior director, worldwide fitness training were both on hand to answer questions about nutrition and fitness.
- During an Herbalife Experience reception at our L.A. Live office, we hosted a select group of 70 bloggers who heard from Chief Health and Nutrition Officer Dr. John Agwunobi along with Susan and Samantha about our global nutrition philosophy. Guests also sampled Formula 1 shakes and enjoyed beverages and appetizers while mingling with our experts and staff.
- We sponsored a luncheon at the conference where 1,400 bloggers in attendance heard opening remarks from Dr. Agwunobi.
- After the event, @BlogHer hosted a live Twitter chat where Susan and Samantha answered questions about making the right food choices, exercise, staying motivated and more.
Feedback from our participation was encouraging. Here is a snapshot of what we heard from some of the bloggers in attendance:
- “Loved the Herbalife Experience. I came back by your booth to try your other products.”
- “This was great brand awareness for Herbalife. I didn’t really understand who you were before coming to BlogHer.”
- “You completely changed my view about Herbalife.”
- “I had a wonderful time last night and loved the fact that I could speak intimately with experts.”
- “Dr. Agwunobi was a great speaker [at the luncheon]. He was real and really broke it down for people. He didn’t feel corporate. He was very relatable.”
- “I didn’t really know anything about Herbalife and now I feel like I know what you’re all about.”
“It was a lot of fun sharing with and learning from these entrepreneurial women, who wield a lot of influence,” said Dr. Agwunobi. “Because they have built their own loyal followings over time, the bloggers we met can collectively reach a vast online community. They have the potential to persuade and maybe even change minds and attitudes; that’s why we are excited about working with them to advocate for good nutrition.”
By making meaningful connections to these opinion makers and trendsetters, we hope to spread the word about how we support nutrition, fitness and healthy lifestyles.