Herbalife-sponsored LA Galaxy Returns from Post-Season Europe Visit
By Herbalife Nutrition Staff
LA Galaxy players recently completed a successful tour, sponsored by Herbalife Nutrition, of three cities in Germany and Austria to interact with fans, connect with other Herbalife Nutrition-sponsored teams, and to meet independent Herbalife members in Europe.
The seven-day tour (#HalloGalaxy) included stops in Dusseldorf and Berlin, Germany as well as Vienna, Austria. Highlights included:
- The visiting players meeting with players, trainers and coaches from Herbalife Nutrition-sponsored FC Schalke 04 and touring their facilities near Dusseldorf. It was the first time the two powerhouse teams met to extensively collaborate and discuss sports nutrition and Herbalife Nutrition products.
- The Galaxy players trained with the U15-U19 girls’ team from the FLVW association. Some of the players compete for the German and Turkish national teams.
- A visit and tour of the Herbalife Family Foundation (HFF) Casa Herbalife in Berlin was organized on the final day in Germany. Players interacted with kids from the Casa, played soccer and helped present a check for a $25,000 donation from LA Galaxy Foundation and HFF.
- Dana Ryan, Ph.D., M.A., senior manager, Sports Performance and Education, led three trainings with more than 1,000 members in attendance. Ryan shared our nutrition philosophy while Galaxy Sports Nutritionist Kristen Andrews talked about how she incorporates Herbalife Nutrition products with the Galaxy.
- Galaxy players were integrated into a Fitness Camp led by their very own technical coaches.
- Side-by-side with local bloggers and vloggers, Galaxy players participated in cognitive training, which helps with balance, reaction time, speed and quickness.
- Along with Galaxy players and coaches, Ryan participated in a “Train the Trainer” community event, which was open to local coaches.
The social media traffic garnered from the event was impressive. Here are some of the key metrics:
- The official #HalloGalaxy tour hash tag garnered more than 6 million impressions from an estimated 1 million users.
- There were over 75,000 video views across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Nearly 36,000 engagements on all tour-related social posts.
- Over 438,000 Instagram story views.
- And Ryan conducted a Facebook Live interview with Galaxy stars Gyasi Zardes and Jelle Van Damme.